My wife and I watched the entire Beatles Get Back documentary on Disney+ over two days. Our two-word review: Loved it!
What a gift to watch some of the most talented people in music history create new work from scratch while dealing with real personal and business issues – unfiltered and right in front of us.
The lessons that apply 50 years later:
- You can’t just jump right to the business at hand. A small icebreaker (often a Motown cover!) gets minds ready.
- It’s not just a 2021 “resignation” thing. Anyone can walk at a moment’s notice. Team members need to feel valued and listened
to whether they are Harry Georgeson or George Harrison.
- Coffee & bagels, tea & toast: those rituals matter. Particularly when wine starts flowing in the afternoon.
- A small group can do mighty things, especially when they build off each other’s ideas.Nothing motivates like a deadline.
- Look back at those scribbles in an old notebook because there just might be something there.
- We love to tell our clients it’s an iterative process. It absolutely is!
- If your work is good enough to shout from the rooftops, you just might draw a crowd and make history.
Let’s GET BACK to work.